I. Memorize: 2 Timothy 1:5
1. What is the literal meaning of the Latin word hereditum?
2. Give one Biblical reference which illustrates the influence of genetic factors.
3. What is the import of Exodus 20:5-6?
4. List two stereotypes which show the correlation between ethnic origins and behavioral traits.
5. What is the meaning of Proverbs 22:6?
Examine yourself and list five physical and/or behavioral characteristics
which you may have inherited.
Ethnic physical features, character traits and stereotypes:
Scots – frugal English – proud
Latinos – amorous Jewish – opinionated
Irish – pugilistic Slavic – argumentative
Germans – dominant Welsh -musical
Dutch – determined Japanese – industrious
Christian – Fruits of the Spirit
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another. (Galatians 5:22-26)