Précis: To point out who the child of God is and what is his/her purpose for being; aid in a major discovery
Text: 1 Corinthians 2:9-10
The fact as to who man truly is, is the best kept secret of all ages. Satan seeks to keep this truth concealed. He knows that once it is discovered, that Christians will begin to move in mass towards freedom and victory! The unlimited spiritual resources which are theirs will trample every demon into insignificance. Christians, who are empowered by the Holy Spirit, armed with the name of Jesus and directed by the Word of God, are the true masters of the universe!
Turning to His disciples, Jesus made a significant statement, saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel. (Mark 1:15) Every Jew was familiar with the many promises of the Messiah’s coming, and His victorious reign as King. Certainly, His disciples knew that Jesus was the fulfillment of every prophecy. What Jesus underscored was that the time prefixed is now at hand, here and now. Glorious discoveries of divine light, life, and love, were about to be made and a new era far more spiritual and heavenly than that ever conceived was now to commence.
That happened two thousand years ago! For more than two millennia, Christians have celebrated the victory Christ won on Calvary, without enjoying the fullness of the Kingdom which He purchased. It is little wonder that Jesus added, repent ye, and believe the gospel. It is ours, here and now! It is our rightful heritage. Determine now to take possession and enter in.
The word repent is (met-an-o-eh’-o) and is derived from two other Greek words; (met-ah’) meaning to join with or be joined and (noy-eh’-o) meaning to comprehend, take heed, consider, perceive, think or understand. Literally, the word repent means to come and join in with God’s thinking. Start thinking about yourself and your situation as God is thinking!
Repentance – To bring thinking in line with God
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. (1 Cor. 2:9-10)
Many people think that they are thinking when what they are doing is rearranging their prejudices. – William Jones
Lesson: Four Things To Be Discovered
29.1 You Must Discover Who Your God Is
2. Moses discovered God and led Israel to mighty victory
3. Simon discovered God and became Peter, a rock – Matt. 16:13-18
4. Must make the same discovery as John; Behold the Lamb – John 1:29
29.2 You Must Discover Who You Are
1. Jacob discovered who he was and became Israel – First Israelite
2. Rahab discovered who she was and became the mother of Boaz
3. Jeremiah discovered who he was and became a major prophet
4. Must discover the truth of Ephesians 2:10; you are God’s workmanship
29.3 You Must Discover What Your Destiny Is
1. Saul discovered his destiny and become Paul the Apostle – Chosen
2. Esther discovered who she was and delivered Israel – For such a time
3. Joseph discovered who he was and became a ruler in Egypt
4. Must know what is the hope of your calling – Eph. 1:15-19
29.4 You Must Discover Who Your Source Is
1. Daniel discovered his source and became the King’s envoy
2. David knew his source and became King of Israel
3. Jesus knew his source and became Saviour of the World
4. Must know that you are complete in Jesus – Col. 2:9-10
Name Five Areas Where You Must met-an-o-eh’-o
That Is Repent Or Change Your Thinking!
I can do all things through Christ who has fused His divine power to mine. – Philippians 4:13