I. Memorize: Romans 6:11
1. From what source does the flesh draw nourishment to support its behavior?
2. What kind of fruit does the flesh produce?
3. What is meant by the term; Laying the ax to the family tree ?
4. What does the Greek word (log-id’-zom-ahee) mean in Romans 6:11?
5. How does one gain a new root system?
Reckon Ye Also Yourselves To Be Dead Indeed Unto Sin,
But Alive Unto God Through Jesus Christ Our Lord (Romans 6:11)
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:26)
This word hate does not refer to disgust, rancor, dishonor, abhorrence or any intense emotional aversion. It is a Hebrew idiom which means preference. A son may love his parents dearly, but the day comes when his love for his bride is so overwhelming that he willingly forsakes them for her. In a similar way, the Christian must willingly forsake his roots for Christ.
DNA testing has yet to discover that the Child of God has a Divine genealogy!