1.1 Memorize: – 2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound (well ordered and well disciplined) mind!
1. What did behavioral scientists call the Twentieth Century?
2. Where did fear originate?
3. It is generally agreed that fear is an acquired reaction. True or false?
4. List three types of fear that anxiety displaces.
5. Joshua is told to deal with his fears with what two characteristics (1:6-9, 18)
Carefully read the promise of victory as recorded in Deuteronomy 7:12-22, and spend thirty minutes pondering the significance of the passage as it applies to your life.
With his flagrant rebellion against God, man degenerated into a Paleolithic caveman with gut level Neanderthal characteristics. Confidence towards God turned into violence, superstition, trepidation and fear of demons. The highest achievement of God’s handiwork deteriorated into a desperate savage, nude and entirely licentious, ever looking for a victim and always ready to perpetuate a crime. In judgment, God gave them over to a reprobate mind. Romans 1:18-28 narrates this shocking indictment.