Provide a clearer understanding of the heritage that Jesus Christ purchased for us on Calvary; engender hope and courage for living; utilize the God-given resources given to overcome the enemy.
Text: 1 John 3:8b
For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
The enemy’s singular purpose is to keep you from discovering the truth. The demons clearly understand that exposure to the truth is both liberating and cleansing. Jesus declared Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free! (John 8:32) For that reason they oppose any reality that may lead a sinner to Christ. Failing to do this, they will hotly contest any teaching that may lead a believer to experience the fullness of kingdom living. Once believers discover their true identity in Christ and the resources that are at their disposal, they will walk in victory over temptation and the works of the devil.
If anyone can walk with a bounce of confidence in his or her step, it is the child of God. If anyone can make wise and accurate choices, it is he who has the mind of Christ. If anyone can lay her head on the pillow of rest and sleep with the serenity of a baby, it is she who has the peace (Shalom) of God that passes all understanding. If anyone can live a carefree life with a reckless trust in God, it is he or she who walks by faith. If any people can live in victory over the onslaughts of the enemy, they are the redeemed people of God. We are the army of God. This is our inalienable right. It is our rightful heritage.
He comes to each believer with cunning questions; Yea, hath God said… (Genesis 3:1) “Is this true for every believer? Are you sure you qualify for His mercy? You don’t have the talent, ability or qualifications to undertake that task, do you? How can a just God overlook your glaring weaknesses? How can anything good come out of the loins of your parents?” These and countless less obvious lies are malicious attempts to keep us from experiencing the glorious victory that is ours. Once he gets us to question our relationship with Jesus, the step to question our personal appropriation of truth is simple. It is vital to remember that one’s philosophy and value system will determine not only our mindset and behavior, but it will seriously affect our usefulness and eternal reward. The Christian’s most effective tool against the enemy’s lies is found in our Lord’s response to the devil’s temptation; It is written; It is written; It is written… Matthew 4:4; 7; 10
Outlook determines outcome.
Up-look guarantees a successful outcome!
“The greatest and noblest pleasure which men can have in this world is to discover new truths; and the next is to shake off old prejudices.” – Theodore Parker
“The terrible thing about the quest for truth is that you find it.”- Romy De Gourmont
2. Discipleship – Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind – Romans 12:1-2
2. New Testament High Priest & City Made Without Hands – Heb. 7:19-25; 12:22-25
2. Glory – Our Lord’s Unearned Blessings – Ephesians 3:14
1. The Holy Spirit Is Given As A Down Payment (earnest) – Ephesians 1:13-14
2. The Holy Spirit Is Given As An Investment (enduow; endued) – Luke 24:49
1. God’s Divine Power Has Been Given – Luke 10:16-20
2. God’s Divine Commission Has Been Stated – Matthew 18:18-20; Mark 16:15-18
1. God’s Child Possesses The Same Genetics As God – Psalms 8:3-5
2. God’s Child Is A Work Of Art (poimea; poem) – Ephesians 2:10
1. Jesus Our Advocate (Paraclete; One called along side) Attorney – 1 John 2:1
2. The Holy Spirit Himself Makes Intercession For Us – Romans 8:26
1. God Who Lives Within Us Is Greater – 1 John 4:4
2. God Provides Us With Superlatives For Kingdom Living – 2 Corinthians 9:9,11
7.9 KNOW THAT YOU HAVE CHRIST’S POWER OF ATTORNEY
1. We Have The Name Of Jesus; Whatever You Ask In Christ’s Name – John 16:23-24
2. The Name Of Jesus Provides Supernatural Powers– Acts 3:1-11
7.10 KNOW THAT THIS IS THE GREATEST AGE OF ALL TIME
1. We Have The Benefit Of All The Proceeding Ages – 1 Corinthians 10:11
2. We Have The Indwelling Holy Spirit; Another (Allos) Comforter – John 14:16-18
LIES IMPRISON – TRUTH LIBERATES
Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me. – John 14:6